Huan-You Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director, Hematopathology Fellowship Program
- Co-Director, Hematopathology
- M.D. - Binzhou Medical University - 1987
- Ph.D. - University of California, San Diego - 2000
- Residency Training: University of Virginia Health Sciences Center – 2000-2004
- Fellowship Training: The Hospital of University of Pennsylvania – 2004-2005
- Board Certifications: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 2004; Hematopathology, 2005
I have broad interests in hematolymphoid malignancies, in particular, the pathogenesis and development of new markers/tools in diagnosis with regard to the clinical application aspect of flow cytometry and molecular diagnostics. At the present time, I am concentrated on the clinicopathologic as well as translational research.
- Wang HY, Chen W, Fuda FS, and Karandikar NJ. Notch1 in primary effusion lymphoma: a clinicopathologic study. Modern Pathol. 2010;23:773-780.
- Wang HY, Huang LJ, Liu Z, Garcia R, Li S, and Galliani CA. Erythroblastic sarcoma presents as bilateral ovarian masses in an infant with pure erythroid leukemia. Hum Pathol. 2011;42:749-758.
- Broome HE, Rassenti LZ, Wang HY, Meyer LM, and Kipps TJ. ROR1 is expressed on hematogones (non-neoplastic human B-lymphocyte precursors) and a minority of precursor-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1390-1394.
- Zheng J, Umikawa M, Cui C, Li J, Chen X, Zhang C, Hyunh HD, Kang X, Silvany R, Wan X, Ye J, Canto AP, Chen SH, Wang HY, Ward ES, Zhang CC. Immune inhibitory receptors bind ANGPTLs and support blood stem cells and leukemia development. Nature 2012;485:656-662.
- Pan ZG, Zhang QY, Lu J, Quinto T, Rozenvaald IB, Liu LT, Wilson D, Reddy V, Huang Q, Wang HY, and Ren YS. Extracavity KSHV-associated large B-cell lymphoma: A distinct entity or a subtype of primary effusion lymphoma? Study of 9 cases and review of additional 43 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012;36:1129-1140.
- Li K, Ku G, Yan M, Broome E, Kelner M, and Wang HY. A rare and unique case of aggressive IgE-λ Plasma cell myeloma in a 28-year-old woman presented initially as an orbital mass. Hum Pathol. 2012;43:2376-84.
- Garmy-Susini B, Avraamides CJ, Desgrosellier JS, Schmid MC, Foubert P, Ellies LG, Lowy AM, Blair SL, Vandenberg SR, Datnow B, Wang HY, Cheresh DA, and Varner J. PI3ka activates integrin a4b1 to establish a metastatic niche in lymph nodes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2013;110:9042-9047.
- Wang HY and Shabaik AS. Metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma involving the bone marrow with chronic lymphocytic leukemia mimicking Richter transformation. Blood. 2013 (in press). Click here to search for my publications
Dr. Wang practiced pathology for 2 years after he received his MD degree from China. He then moved to UCSD Medical Center as a Visiting Scholar in 1992. He pursued his PhD in Molecular Pathology, Cellular and Molecular Medicine from 1994 to 2000 at UCSD. He joined UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor of Pathology in 2005 after he completed his Anatomic & Clinical Pathology residency at the University of Virginia in 2004 and Hematopathpology fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania in 2005. Dr. Wang joined UC San Diego in 2009 as an Associate Professor of Pathology and serve as Co-Director of the Hematopathology. Dr. Wang has expertise in diagnosing bone marrow and lymph node disorders, he also enjoys working in the fields of flow cytometry and molecular diagnostics. Dr. Wang likes to share diagnostic challenge cases with his colleagues.Click here to contact me
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: