Vera Vavinskaya, M.D.
- Assistant Professor
- M.D. - Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency Training - University of Kentucky
- Cytopathology Fellowship - University of Kentucky
- Gastrointestinal Pathology Fellowship - University of California, San Diego
- Board Certifications - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology
- Clinical Specialty: Diagnostic surgical pathologist and cytopathologist
Minimally invasive techniques, including fine needle aspiration biopsies of pancreas.
Dr. Vavinskaya received her Doctor of Medicine in 2009 from Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis. She completed her Pathology residency (AP-CP) at University of Kentucky, Lexington KY, where she was the Chief Resident in Pathology (2011-2012), teaching and directing residents. Dr. Vavinskaya then went on to complete a cytopathology fellowship at University of Kentucky followed by a gastrointestinal pathology fellowship at the University of California, San Diego. A highly-skilled diagnostic pathologist, Dr. Vavinskaya joined the faculty at UCSD in May, 2016.
Dr. Vavinskaya is available for fine needle aspiration biopsy of superficially located lesions or masses. The FNA is followed by an on site evaluation and a preliminary diagnosis.
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: