Ronald W. McLawhon, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director of Laboratory and Genomic Medicine
- Director of Clinical Laboratories
- Vice Chair for Business Development
- M.D. - Rush Medical College, 1986
- Ph.D. - University of Chicago, 1982
Biochemistry of membrane receptors and signal transduction; Protein kinases and protein phosphorylation in cell regulation; Neurochemistry and molecular pharmacology of opioids; Complex carbohydrate and lipid metabolism; Clinical chemistry, toxicology, endocrinology, and immunodiagnostics; Clinical laboratory automation and robotics.
- Azzazy HME, Duh SH, Fitzgerald RL, McLawhon RW, Rosenthal M, and Christenson RH. (1999). Multisite study of a second generation whole blood rapid assay for cardiac troponin T. Ann. Clin. Biochem. 36:438.
- Zibrat SJ, Toney LJ, and McLawhon RW. (2002). Evaluation of analytical performance characteristics of the Roche/Hitachi MODULAR ANALYTICS E170 immunoassay systems. Clin. Chem. 48:A9.
- Zibrat SJ, Ward EW and McLawhon RW. (2002). Operational efficiency and performance improvement advantages of autoverification and autofiling of diagnostic test results with modular laboratory automation. Clin Chem 48:A9.
- McLawhon RW, Ward EJ, Lonigro MJ, and Gloria CT (2004). Turnaround time performance and sample process management characteristics of dual, integrated Roche/Hitachi MODULAR ANALYTICS and PRE-ANALYTICS systems in a second-generation clinical laboratory automation system (CLAS-2). Clin Chem. 50:A43.
- Toney LJ, Gloria CT , Lonigro MJ, and McLawhon RW (2004). Assessment of technical and clinical performance of N-terminal proBNP and BNP in congestive heart failure. Clin Chem. 50:A6.
- Davis AM, McLawhon RW , and Lovinger D (2005). Managing the chaos of medical news: Measurable translational impact of a systematic e-mail alert and intranet approach J Gen Intern Med 20(S1):48.
- Horowitz GL, Zaman Z, Blanckaert NJC, Chan DW, DuBois JA, Golaz O, Mens N, Keller F, Stolz H, Klinger K, Marocchi A, Prencipe L, McLawhon RW, Nilsen OL, Oellerich M, Luthe H, Orsonneau J-L, Richeux G, Recio F, Roldan E, Rymo L, Wicktorsson A-C, Welch S, Wieland H, Grawitz AB, Mitsumaki H, McGovern M, Ng K, and Stockmann W (2005). MODULAR ANALYTICS - A new approach to automation in the clinical laboratory J Autom Method Manag 2005:8 Click here to search for Dr. McLawhon's publications
Dr. McLawhon received his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Chicago and his M.D. from Rush Medical College. After receiving his Ph.D., he served briefly as a Research Associate in Pediatrics and the Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr., Mental Retardation Research Center at the University of Chicago, before completing his medical training and residencies in anatomic and clinical pathology at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center and the University of Chicago Medical Center. He was subsequently appointed as Assistant Professor and Staff Pathologist at Rush and, in 1990, joined the faculty at the University of Chicago, where he became the Director of the Clinical Chemistry Laboratories. Since 1997, Dr. McLawhon had also served as the Director of Regional Laboratory Services and Medical Director of Hospitals Laboratories for the University of Chicago Hospitals and Health System, and was an Associate Professor of Pathology at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Dr. McLawhon joined UCSD in April 2007. He is a Professor of Pathology and Director of Laboratory Medicine and Clinical Laboratories for all of the UC San Diego Medical Center campuses.Click here to contact me
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: