Sepi Mahooti, M.D.
- Associate Professor
- Director of Cytopathology and Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy Service-VAMC
- Residency Training: The Ohio State University Medical Center (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology 2004-2008)
- Fellowship Training: Yale University School of Medicine, (Cytopathology 2008-2009)
- Board Certifications: Anatomic, Clinical, and Cytopathology
- CAP Certificate of Recognition for Ultrasound-Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration (2011)
- Clinical Subspeciality: Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology, Palpation and Ultra-sound Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy
- Early cancer detection and prognostic marker discovery.
- Elucidation of pathways leading to early tumor invasion and metastasis.
- Proteomic (phosphoproteomic), genomic, and metabolomic stratification of Fine-needle aspiration specimen
- Theranostic applications in Surgical Pathology and Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy Specimen
- Minimization of preanalytical variables in biospecimen
- Biobanking of Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy Specimen
- Cai G, Mahooti S, Lipata FM, Chhieng D, Hui P. Diagnostic value of K-ras mutation analysis for pancreaticobiliary cytology specimens with indeterminate diagnosis. Cancer Cytopathol, 2012.
- Papanicolau-Sengos A, Wang-Rodriguez J, Wang HY, Lee RR, Wong A, Hansen LA, Mahooti S, Rashidi HH. Rare case of a primary non-dural central nervous system low grade B-cell lymphoma and literature review. Int J Clin Exp Pathol, 5(1), 2012.
- Padda MS, Milless T, Adeniran AJ, Mahooti S, Aslanian HR. Pancreatic and Gastric Plasmacytoma Presenting with Obstructive Jaundice, Diagnosed with Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration. Case Rep Gastroenterol, 4(3), 2010.
- Mahooti S, Porter K, Alpaugh ML, Ye Y, Xiao Y, Jones S, Barsky SH. Breast carcinomatous tumoral emboli can result from encircling lymphovasculogenesis rather than lymphovascular invasion. Oncotarget, 131(2)2010.
- Mahooti, S., Wakely, P.E. Jr., FNAB Cytopathology of Thymoma, Pathology Case Reviews. 11(5), 2006.
- Mahooti, S., Wakely, P.E. Jr., Cytopathologic Features of Olfactory Neuroblastoma. Cancer, 108(2), 2006.
- Mahooti, S., Graesser D., Duncan G., Mak, T., and Madri, J.A., PECAM-1 (CD31) modulates bleeding time in vivo. American Journal of Pathology, 157 (1), 2000.
- Graesser D., Mahooti S., Davis S., and Madri J.A., Distinct roles for matrix metalloproteinase-2 and a4 integrin in autoimmune T-cell extravasation and residency in brain parenchyma during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Journal of Neuroimmunology. 109 (2), 2000.
- Ilan, N., Mahooti, S., Rimm, D.L. and Madri, J.A., PECAM-1 (CD31) functions as a reservoir for and a modulator of tyrosine-phosphorylated b-catenin. Journal of Cell Science, 112 (18), 1999. Click here to search for Dr. Mahooti's publications
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: