Farnaz Hasteh, M.D.
- Associate Professor
- M.D. - Iran University of Medical Sciences
- Residency Training: William Beaumont Hospital
- Fellowships: Stanford University Medical Center and University of Michigan Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology
- Clinical Specialty: Diagnostic surgical pathologist and cytopathologist
Fine needle aspiration biopsies of thyroid and pancreas, Pap smears.
- Hasteh, F, Lin G, Weidner N, Michael CW, " The use of immunohistochemistry to distinguish reactive mesothelial cells from malignant mesothelioma in cytologic effusion" Cancer Cytopathology 118:90-96, April 2010.
- Lee J, Hasteh F, “Oncocytic Variant of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Associated with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: A case report and review of the literature” Diagnostic Cytopathology, 37 (8): 600-606, Aug 2009.
- Michael CW, Pang Y, Pu R, Hasteh F, “Cellular adequacy for thyroid aspirates prepared by ThinPrep: How many cells are needed?” Diagnostic Cytopathology, 35 (12):792-797, Dec 2007
- Steinmetz Caron, Shabaik A, Hasteh F,. “Systemic Mastocytosis with Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma: An incidental finding in a patient with invasive gastric adenocarcinoma”, Diagnostic Cytopathology, 35 (11): 728-2-723, Nov 2007.
- Hasteh F, Pang Y, Michael CW, “Do we need more than one ThinPrep to obtain adequate cellularity in FNA?” Diagnostic Cytopathology, 35 (11): 740-43, Nov 2007.
- Hasteh F, Pu R, Michael CW, “A metastatic renal carcinoid tumor presenting as breast mass. 2006. Diagnostic Cytopathology, 35 (5):306-10, May 2007.
- Adsay NV, Hasteh F, Cheng JD, Klimstra DS.Squamous-lined cysts of the pancreas: lymphoepithelial cysts, dermoid cysts (teratomas), and accessory-splenic epidermoid cysts.Semin Diagn Pathol. 2000 Feb;17(1):56-65. Review.PMID: 10721807 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Click here to search for Dr. Hasteh's publications
Dr Hasteh received her Doctor of Medicine in 1995 from Iran University of Medical Sciences in Tehran/ Iran. She completed her Pathology residency (AP-CP) at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, where she was the Chief Resident in Pathology (2002-2003), teaching and directing residents. While at Beaumont, she was the recipient of Dr Richard H. Walker Award. This annual award, bestowed by faculty and resident peers, recognizes exceptional, demonstrated teaching ability in Pathology. Dr. Hasteh then went on to complete a surgical pathology fellowship at Stanford University Medical Center followed by a cytopathology fellowship at the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan. A highly-skilled diagnostic pathologist, Dr. Hasteh joined the faculty at UCSD in August, 2006, and will contribute substantially to this institution's goal of growth in clinical excellence in anatomic pathology.
Dr. Hasteh is available for fine needle aspiration biopsy of superficially located lesions or masses. The FNA is followed by an on site evaluation and a preliminary diagnosis. Please contact Dr. Hasteh at:
Farnaz Hasteh, M.D.
UCSD Medical Center
200 West Arbor Drive-8720
San Diego, CA 92103-8720
Surgical Pathology: 619-543-5764
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: