Parviz Haghighi, M.D.
- Director of Anatomic Pathology, VAMC
- M.D. - Pahlavi University School of Medicine in Shiraz, Iran
- Residency Training: Johns Hopkins University and the Memorial-Sloan Kettering Hospital in New York
- Board Certifications: Anatomic and Cytopathology
Dr. Haghighi's collaborative research is in conjunction with the Osteoradiology Division and includes pathologic radiologic correlations, particularly those involving MRI findings.
- Chan OT, Haghighi P. Hamartomatous polyps of the colon: ganglioneuromatous, stromal, and lipomatous. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006 Oct;130(10):1561-6. Review.
- Ghosh P, Strong C, Naugler W, Haghighi P, Carethers JM. Related Articles, Links Peritoneal mice implicated in intestinal obstruction: report of a case and review of the literature. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2006 May-Jun;40(5):427-30. Review.
- Viegas FC, Aguiar RO, Gasparetto E, Marchiori E, Trudell DJ, Haghighi P, Resnick D. Deep and superficial infrapatellar bursae: cadaveric investigation of regional anatomy using magnetic resonance after ultrasound-guided bursography. Skeletal Radiol. 2007 Jan;36(1):41-6. Epub 2006 May 20.
- Aguiar RO, Gasparetto EL, Escuissato DL, Marchiori E, Trudell DJ, Haghighi P, Resnick D. Radial and ulnar bursae of the wrist: cadaveric investigation of regional anatomy with ultrasonographic-guided tenography and MR imaging. Skeletal Radiol. 2006 Nov;35(11):828-32. Epub 2006 May 11.
- Pham T, Haghighi P. CD34 expression in mesothelial/monocytic cardiac excrescence. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006 Feb;30(2):275. No abstract available. Click here to search for Dr. Haghighi's publications
Dr. Haghighi received his M.D. from the Pahlavi University School of Medicine in Shiraz, Iran in 1961. He was an intern and resident in pathology at the Johns Hopkins University and at the Memorial-Sloan Kettering Hospital in New York, respectively. In 1967, he returned to the Pahlavi University as Assistant Professor of Pathology. In 1970, he returned to the United States and held a one-year appointment as Staff Pathologist at the VA Hospital in Manhattan, New York, concurrently with an appointment as Assistant Professor of Pathology at New York State University, where he remained until 1972. He returned to Pahlavi University as an Associate Professor and received promotion to Professor in 1974, where he also served as Chairman of the Department of Pathology from 1972 to 1976. Dr. Haghighi came to UCSD as a Visiting Professor in 1979 and was appointed as Clinical Professor in 1980 and then Professor of Clinical Pathology in 1996.
Dr. Haghighi is located at the VA Medical Center and as Director of Anatomic Pathology and Director of Surgical Pathology, conducts daily sign-outs in Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology, including interpretation of frozen sections and all other activities related to the daily practice of Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology. He is a recognized expert in bone and soft tissue pathology. He teaches Pathology residents who highly rate his teaching quality, willingness to teach and his accessibility. Dr. Haghighi also teaches medical students in the Human Histology Course where he directs a laboratory and attends all teaching sessions. He lectures on Bone Pathology in Human Disease SOM208 and directs a laboratory through the winter and spring quarters.Click here to contact me
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: