Elizabeth Allen, M.D.
- Associate Medical Director, Transfusion Medicine
- MD: David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Residency: University of California – Irvine
- Fellowship: National Institutes of Health
- Board Certifications: Clinical Pathology
- Clinical Specialty: Transfusion Medicine
Dr. Allen's research interests center around immunogenicity of blood products and compatibility between hematopoietic stem cell donors and recipients.
Dr. Elizabeth Allen was born in Washington, DC and earned her bachelor of arts in Cognitive Science cum laude from Yale University. She received an MD from the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and completed her residency in Clinical Pathology at the University of California, Irvine, where she served as Chief Resident in 2013. During herfellowship training in Transfusion Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, she worked on research related to immunohematologic complications in patients with sickle cell disease undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. She is a member of the AABB, and is currently training to become an HLA laboratory director. She will join the UCSD Department of Pathology in 2016.
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: